Signs You Need A New Car
So, you’ve made it through the summer with the duct-taped cardboard window still clinging onto your car, and since it’s no longer hot, the lack of air conditioning is a non-issue! But with doubts about whether your car will start when it gets below freezing, perhaps it’s time to rethink your transportation.
How do you know when you need a new car?
- You avoid washing your car so the duct tape doesn’t fall off. Think we’re being facetious? We’re not. And while we certainly understand that times can be tough, there are some excellent financing options available for affordable used vehicles that may actually help those tough times get a little better.
- Your car needs a major repair that costs more than its value. This is a no-brainer, but many people fail to stop and think it through. If your car is only worth $1,500 and you need $2,000 worth of repairs, it’s time to get a new ride.
- Your car is a lemon and it’s not getting any sweeter. Some cars are just poorly built and consistently need parts replaced and major repairs. No matter how great a deal you got on the car in the first place, these cars will suck money from you and will be far worse for your finances in the long run. If this is your vehicle, it’s time to face reality – you need a new one.
- Your kids ask you to drop them off at the corner. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but not unheard of. If your car just makes you (or your kids) sad, it’s okay to get a new one. A new car isn’t always about prestige. Sometimes it’s about cost savings from better efficiency, time savings from decreased maintenance, and more opportunities for you from better professionalism.
- Your family dynamics are changing. Yes, that third child can technically still fit in the backseat with the other two. But you may find that your family rides are more peaceful when there is more space in between. Plus, with each child comes more paraphernalia to tote around. Get something that will fit your growing family!